Table of Contents
- How do we get information?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use the information?
- How do we share and disclose information?
- For how long do we retain your information?
- International Transfer of Personal Information
- Security of your personal information
- How do you consent, update your preferences,
or opt-out of marketing communications?
- How Can I Exercise My Rights?
- For California Residents
- For Nevada Residents
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Contact Us
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
Effective Date: September, 2022
If you want to read about our Robotics Privacy Notice, please click here.
If you are a California resident, click here to view the “For California Rights” section for information provided pursuant to California law.
- access or use any of our websites, including product order transactions, downloading materials including product manuals and FAQs,
- use any of our products, services or applications (collectively the “Services“) in any manner,
- participate in a research survey or testing,
- sign up to receive marketing communications or offers,
- register your products with us, and
- apply for a position with us.
How do we get information?
We collect personal information directly from you. Some of the personal information we process is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You browse our websites
- You have purchased a product directly from us
- You have purchased a product from one of our retailers and want to register your product or warranty
- You have contacted us for advice as you are interested in purchasing one of our products
- You have registered your product with us
- You subscribe to our marketing and product communications, offers, competitions and/or product tips
- You participate in a product review, research or testing
- You have contacted us to request customer support and / or technical assistance
- You have applied for a job with us
- You submit a request through our ‘exercise your rights’ web form
We collect personal information from your devices. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, pixels, and web beacons to automatically collect information about you. To learn more about these tools and your choices, click here to read our Ad and Cookie Notice.
We receive information about you from other sources. Other parties may give us personal information about you. For example, we receive personal information from vendors we hire to work on our behalf. These other parties may also include business and marketing partners and social media platforms that give us information they have collected either directly or indirectly from you. We may also process information provided by third parties who have obtained your consent to share your data.
We combine information. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other consumers’ information to understand preferences and trends over time.
What personal information do we collect?
Websites or Services:
By “personal information“, we mean any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect personal information about you in several different ways depending upon the services you use and information you choose to provide. We collect your information in the following ways:
- When you visit our website, we or companies acting on our behalf may collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This may include your internet protocol (IP address), login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and country location, browser plug-in types, operating system and platform. We may automatically collect your precise location when you access our apps or our websites. We also collect information about your general location, using your zip code or postcode and internet protocol (IP) address. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites that employ our cookies. Please see our Ad and Cookie Notice for further details.
- If you place an order with us, we will collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment information.
- If you simply subscribe to our marketing product communications, offers, competitions and/or product tips without purchasing a product, we will only collect your email address and phone number based on your choice. We may use your email address for additional advertising purposes with our partners.
- If you contact our customer service contact center, your call, email, or chat may be recorded /stored for quality and training purposes.
- If you provide feedback via our post contact survey, your results will be stored to help improve our services.
- If you want to assist us by providing invaluable feedback on new and innovative products by participating in our Consumer Insights or Product Review program, we will collect your name and contact information. As part of these activities, we may also collect personal information that includes your gender, age range, geographical location, size of your household, whether you have pets or children and use social media. Whilst this information on its own may not directly identify you, it could do so when pieced together.
- In connection with your application for employment with us, we will collect, store, and use your cover letter and/or resume, and any information you provide to us during an interview. As you progress through the recruitment process, we may collect further information to support your suitability for the role including interview notes and behavioral assessments. If we make you a conditional offer, then we will also need to collect proof of your identity, right to work, qualifications achieved, criminal record declaration, offences, credit history and references.
We may receive aggregated demographic data that provide insights into the relative affluence of households from third party data providers who help us to give you a more relevant experience by enabling us to provide offers, and to give you more relevant services and advice.
- If you visit our office, you will be recorded on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) which is in operation for security and crime prevention/detection purposes. You will also be asked to sign a visitor’s book for Security and Health & Safety purposes.
- Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics and predispositions.
Registered products and apps:
Some of our products are equipped with smart technology, are Internet-enabled, or may be operated through a SharkNinja mobile app, each of which may allow the product to transmit data wirelessly to SharkNinja.
- We may collect function and use statistics, such as battery life and health, number of missions, the device identifier, Internet protocol (IP), and cleaning map of the environment accessible to certain models of the connected products.
- When you register your product with a SharkNinja mobile app, the app may collect and maintain information about the product and app usage, feature usage, in-app transactions, technical specifications, crashes, and other information about how you use your smart product and/or the app.
- Our smart products do not transmit this information unless you register your device online, consent to the use of such information and connect to WiFi or connect to the Internet via another method. It is possible to use our smart products without WiFi transmission simply by disconnecting your WiFi from the device or by never connecting it at all.
How do we use the information?
We will use your personal data in accordance with the applicable law. For example, we may use your personal information:
- To perform a contract when you purchase goods from us. This includes:
- Creating a Customer Order Record
- Facilitating Financial Fraud checks
- Arranging for delivery or collection of your goods
- Registering and honouring your Warranty
- Facilitation of a Payment Plan
- Notifying you of a Product Recall
- To respond to your request for support
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a service provider). This includes:
- Monitoring performance of our website
- Analyzing behavior patterns of visitors to our website
- Facilitation of recovering bad debt
- As part of our effort to keep our website secure
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the website and services, and other illegal activities
- Inviting you to provide feedback, take a survey or write a product review following a purchase of goods
- Reviewing social media sites to see what our consumers are saying about us
- Arranging for delivery of promotional goods on behalf of a retailer or distributor
- For Job Applications:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Having received your resume and cover letter or your application form and the results from an assessment which you took, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references and carry out a criminal record and any other check before confirming your appointment.
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role.
- Where our products and apps may collect information. This includes:
- Collecting and analyzing statistics and usage data, performing aggregate data analyses
- Diagnosing and fixing technology problems, enhancing device performance, improving user experience
- Developing new products
- Providing maintenance notices to customers
- Providing personalized communications, including marketing and promotional messages, such as emails providing product order information when your device indicates a battery is low or may need replacement.
- Where you provide consent. This includes:
- Subscription to our marketing and product communications, offers, competitions and/or product tips
- Participation in Consumer Insights or Product Review and Survey programs including focus groups, in-home testing and in-home research
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This includes:
- Recording details of your requests regarding your personal information received
- Ensuring the personal information we hold about you is up to date and accurate
- Adherence to legislation regarding consumer rights and employment law
- Requests to disclose information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies
We may also anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
How do we share and disclose information?
We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) as outlined below
- When it is necessary within the SharkNinja Group for operational reasons such as the use of a group-wide support, manufacturing, logistic or IT infrastructure.
- Our service providers include:
- Logistics and Transport providers who pack, ship, deliver and collect products to and from your delivery/home address
- Consumer Contact Centre who provide support to our consumers regarding our products and services
- Payment Service Providers
- IT Service Providers who host and manage our systems, applications and data storage
- Digital Marketing providers who invite you to share a review of our products or services after a purchase
- Debt collection agency should you breach the terms of your payment agreement
- We share data with companies that help us with our marketing and analytics efforts, including social media platforms, advertising networks, and ad tech companies. For example, we share information with Google Analytics to provide insights on how we can improve the performance of our website and your consumer experience. We may share email addresses or other contact information with social media platforms and partners so they can serve our advertising on their platform. Personal information received by these companies may also be subject to their privacy policies. More information on sharing through tracking tools and your choices are described in our Ad and Cookie Notice, available here.
- We will share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies that have asserted a lawful right to access such information, to our legal counsel, or as necessary to protect our property, interests and rights.
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or another similar transaction (such as a sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating and/or effecting a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in the Policy.
For further information regarding how we share your personal information, please email email@example.com
For how long do we retain your information?
We will only keep personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes we have collected it and described in this Policy, and as required by law, such as:
- For the duration that you have an account with us
- Until you update your preferences or opt-out of receiving marketing communications (eNewsletters, competitions and/or product tips) for which you previously provided consent
- For the time where you have purchased a product from us to facilitate your warranty and our obligations
- Until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the goods or personal injury claim have expired
International Transfer of Personal Information
SharkNinja is a global company. Our headquarters is in the United States and we have a number of offices located around the world. The personal information that we collect here in the United States may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate due to our global systems, processes and procedures for operational reasons such as group-wide support, manufacturing, logistics, or IT infrastructure.
Personal information that you provide may be transferred to countries outside of the United States, or your jurisdiction of residence, including Canada, the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK. Likewise, if you reside outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to the United States. The United States and the countries we and our third parties operate in, federal or state or provincial or local governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information under the federal or state or local laws of the country.
Security of your personal information
We always do our best to keep your personal information safe. To achieve this, we take reasonable physical, technical and organizational steps to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration of your personal information.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The information you submit via our website is encrypted and we store all electronic personal information on servers to the security standards appropriate to the risk.
Whilst we can take precautions to protect your personal information, it is important that you keep your passwords, account details and other user information secure and confidential. Even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot promise or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We have procedures in place to deal with suspected data security breaches. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will NEVER contact you and ask you to provide us with your password. Nor will we require it if you contact our customer services team by telephone, email or live chat. If someone asks you for this do NOT give them your password and please let us know this has happened.
Google offers an opt-out mechanism for the web available here.
How do you consent, update your preferences, or opt-out of marketing communications?
You can set your preferences for receiving marketing communications.
To provide consent and ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing communications:
- You can ask us to keep you updated with new products and offers by entering your email address and phone number on our homepage, under ‘Sign me up’
- When you purchase a product from us
- When you register your warranty
- When you join our Product Reviewer program
To update your preferences or ‘opt-out’ from receiving marketing communications:
- Contact our customer services via email or phone stating what communications you would like to receive or that you no longer want to receive any communications from us
- Click ‘Manage Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ on the marketing communication email that you received
Please Note: It may take up to ten (10) business days to process your request to unsubscribe from our marketing email communications, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us or our sister companies.
How Can I Exercise My Rights?
You (our customers and users) may access, correct, and/or update your information by directly accessing any accounts or profiles that you have created with us.
Where required by applicable law, you may have the right to: request access to information that we hold about you; request corrections or updates to your personal information; or, in some cases, ask us to delete your personal information to the extent that we are not required to retain it by law.
If you have previously given consent to be contacted by us and no longer wish to be, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that we remove you from our list of consumers who receive correspondence from the Websites or SharkNinja. Even if you opt-out of sharing your mailing address and general shopping activity, we may still communicate with you using the contact information we have on file regarding your use of the Websites, the status of your orders or your account, or for similar transactional or administrative reasons.
To submit a Consumer request or to unsubscribe from our marketing communications, please click here.
For California Residents
If you are a California resident, the information below also applies to you. Certain terms used in this section have the meanings given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Consumer Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) of 2020.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: The personal information that SharkNinja collects, or has collected from consumers in the 12 months prior to the effective date of this disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Privacy Rights Act:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Information such as credit card details
- Commercial information such as purchase details and history
- Technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device
- Audio, visual, or similar information such as recording of customer service calls
- Inferences drawn from any of the above such as user preferences or characteristics
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose: We may share the personal information collected with the third-party service provider:
- Identifiers for providing service and support, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, or providing similar services
- Technical or internet data to detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Commercial information to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product
- Internet user or traffic data
- For information about our service providers please refer to the section “How do we share and disclose information?” of this Policy.
- Privacy Rights: Users may access, correct, and/or update your information by directly accessing any accounts or profiles that you have created with us.
- Access Right- To disclose Personal Information, or Categories of Personal Information, we collect, use and disclose
- Deletion Right- To request deletion of Personal Information we have collected from you
- Right to data portability. To request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies in certain circumstances.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please click here.
- Non-discrimination: SharkNinja will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA/CPRA.
Verification and Authorized Agents: We will verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of your personal information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, the authorized agent must be identified as an authorized agent.
For Nevada Residents
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request by filling out the form after clicking here.
Our products and our websites are not designed for children. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children, we take every reasonable effort to delete such data.
If we do unintentionally collect children’s personal information, we will delete it as soon as we become aware.
Links to Third Party Websites
You can contact us by email, post, and online via our web form.
Our postal address:
Attention: Privacy Team
89 A St., Needham, MA 02494
To submit a Data Subject or Consumer request or to unsubscribe from our marketing communications, Please click here
For other data privacy questions or requests, please email us at email@example.com or by mail to the address listed above to the attention of “Privacy-Team”.
Changes to the Privacy Notice